Banner -Grant County, WA Official County Government Website

Button - Home

Header - Elected Offices

Button - Assessor

Button - Auditor

Button - Clerk

Button - Commissioners

Button - Coroner

Button - District Court

Button - Prosecutor

Button - Sheriff

Button - Superior Court

Button - Treasurer

Header - Departments

Button - Building

Button - Claims

Button - Central Services

Button - Code Enforcement

Button - Development Services

Button - Elections

Button - Emergency Management

Button - Fairgrounds

Button - Fire Marshal

Button - GCTS

Button - GIS (Maps and Data)

Button - Grant Integrated

Button - Human Resources

Button - New Hope

Button - Planning

Button - Public Records

Button - Public Works

Button - WSU Extension

Button - Youth Services

Header - Boards

Button - Equilization

Button - Weed Board

Button - Other

Button - Veterans Assistance

Auditor Recording


Welcome to

Grant County Recording


Media Release from the Auditor's Office


We are asking that all recordings be made through our e-Recording partners or through the mail. Our office is open at this time for walk-in recordings as well.


Our e-Recordings are

Marriage Licenses

Our office is open 8am to 4pm to apply for a marriage license. Both parties must be present.




The Grant County Recording department will be down for software updates Monday, June 21, 2021 from 8am to 3pm. Barring any unforeseen problems, we should be back in operation Monday afternoon. Please plan recordings accordingly.


Also, please be aware there will be no marriage licenses issued that day, Monday, June 21, 2021


Contact information for Recording:


The recording department is charged with recording real estate documents, liens, military discharges, maps, and surveys. The recording department also issues marriage licenses. Copies of any recorded document can also be obtained through this department for a fee.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Does Grant County e-Record

  • Does the recording department supply blank documents or forms?

    • No, we do not provide blank documents or forms.

  • Does the recording department have birth and death certificates?

    • Original birth and death records after 1907 are maintained by the Regional Health District, Vital Statistics Office at (509) 766-7960. You can also obtain a death certificate by clicking on the following link Vital Records

  • Would the recording department accept the National UCC Form for recordation?

    • Yes, the recording department will record the national form with the standard document fee of $103.50 for the first page and a $1.00 for each additional page.

  • Where do I obtain information regarding divorce or probate records?

    • Please contact the Clerks Office at (509) 754-2011 x2864.

  • What kinds of documents are recorded in the recording department?

    • The recording office records Real Estate documents, liens, military discharges, maps and surveys. Copies of these documents are available for a fee. We also issue marriage licenses.

  • What are the recording fees?

  • All documents must follow a certain format. See the following standardization guide for formatting criteria.


Marriage Information

Marriage license fee is $59.00. We can only accept checks or cash. At this time, we are unable to process credit or debit cards.

Applicants must be 18 years of age and provide a current picture ID, such as a Driver's License, State ID card, Military ID, or Passport. The ceremony must be performed between three and 60 days after the date of issuance. 


The person performing the ceremony must be a judge, a retired judge, or an ordained minister. Applicants are responsible for obtaining an officiate to perform the ceremony.  You may contact the District Court (509) 754-2011 x3128 to obtain an appointment for a judge to perform the ceremony.


You may obtain a license at our office at 35 C St NW, Grant, WA. We are open to apply for a license Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, excluding holidays.


You do not need to apply for the marriage license in the county you live, or the county you are getting married.  You may apply for the marriage license in any Washington County, as long as the ceremony is being performed in the state of Washington.


Grant County Marriage Certificates from 1909 to 1930 and Marriage Returns from 1909 to 1910 have been scanned and indexed, and are available for online viewing and ordering at  The scanning and indexing process for Marriage Certificates is ongoing, from oldest to newest. 


Grant County Marriage Certificates from 1909 to 2002, as well as Marriage Returns from 1909 to 1943, are available through the Washington State Archives Central Branch in Ellensburg ([email protected], 509-963-2136), which holds the originals of these records.


Web hosting services are provided and managed by Grant County Technology Services


| All Rights Reserved | Grant County, WA 2007-2020 |